The Policy and Reform Component of the SEDIN programme is saddled with the responsibility to to work with policy stakeholders and other partners for an improved policy framework & enabling business environment.
This is achieved through several approaches such as Public, Private Dialogue (PPD); Policy Mapping and Audits; Peer Learning Sessions/Learning Visits; ADRs (Alternative Dispute Resolution and CDRs (Commercial Dispute Resolution), etc.
Some of our achievements are:
- Tax harmonization laws enacted in Niger, Ogun & Plateau States
- In Plateau the number of taxes, fees and levies required to be
paid have been reduced from 64 to 21 with the new law
- 50%-65% reduction in time required for obtaining construction
permits in Ogun state, same for land titles in Plateau & Niger
- Provided Commercial Dispute Resolution (CDR) support to 30
local markets in 5 states
- 10,000 MSMEs trained in contract management to enhance
their contract management skills
- 1,000 stakeholders trained in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Improved the institutional framework for gender inclusion in
Plateau state with the training of gender focal persons in 35 key
MDAs from 17 LGA